Why I’m in Virginia and not Portland

A few months before my sister passed away unexpectedly her husband, my brother in law was diagnosed with terminal cancer. I traveled to Virginia earlier this July to help my Brother in Law and to learn how to care for my disabled nephew.

I’m out here now in Mountain Country, helping my family in every way I can. This means that I won’t be at Sock Summit this week.

However due to the generosity and kindness of other Knitters my booth will go on as planned. If you’re going to the show please stop by the Fickle Knitter Design booth #303 and visit with those who are helping me during my time of need. If you’re not going to Sock Summit please keep me and my family in your thoughts.

It’s been a tough year but we’ll get through it. Thanks.

About Michelle

Knitting Tin Hats since 2004.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Why I’m in Virginia and not Portland

1. LeAnn says:

Lots of love and prayers going out to Michelle. Please if you need anything at all email or call me. Seriously, anything. (That kinda sounds creepy but you know what I mean. LOL)

2. Mary Beth Temple says:

Sending healing thoughts to you and your family – be well my friend!

3. Lyssa says:

I’ll be thinking about you! Keep knitting and you can get through it all.

4. Angela says:

Oh, Michelle, so sorry. Will def stop by. Hugs.

5. Joelle says:

Oh sweety! I am sorry I won’t get to meet you but totally agree family comes first. Let me know if your people need any one else at Sock Summit.

6. AlisonH says:

Wishing and praying blessings for you and yours. I’m so glad your nephew has you!

7. Kath says:

Oh dear! And here I was thinking you were partying it up in Portland this week. My heart goes out to you and your family. But don’t forget to stop and take care of yourself once in a while.

8. Cheryl Moreo says:

Just met you at TNNA, Columbus. Love your patterns and work. Sorry for your loss. Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you during this stressful time.

9. Lise says:

Holy cow. Wow. You are amazing and your nephew is lucky to have someone who so obviously cares. What a strong person you are. You *will* get through this but I wish you all the best and my thoughts are with you.

10. Big Alice says:

Oh Michelle. I’m so sorry. You and your family are in my heart. I hadn’t checked in with your blog in too long, and then I saw that your Sock Summit booth was right across the way from the one I’ll be working at. I will miss seeing you. Luck, hope, and lots of goodwill for you and yours.

11. kruse says:

Michelle. I shall keep you in my thoughts and wish you lots of love. It is frustrating not be be able to offer you any practical help. So thinking of you all. Love, Kruse

Comments are closed.